
Rumors of Grand Duke Rochester wandering through the entire continent with terrifying tenaciousness have long since dwindled.
Only the activities of the Divine Lady in the
capital turns up from time to time. And although such news surfaced, the world
had been revolving peacefully without much trouble.
But the part I can't understand is,
'Why didn't Calix and Sia got married?'
They should have gotten married by now. But there
were no rumors of a magnificent celebration or a grand wedding of the Divine
Lady held was heard.
Just in case, I asked merchants going to and
from the city and they, all say the same.
'It's weird.'
Has something changed in the fate of Calix and
Sia? The two of them······.
‘Have they fallen in love with each other?’
“······.”
Every time my contemplation comes up to this point,
I bitterly sneer at myself. There’s no use speculating about it anymore.
It doesn't matter to me anyway.
I’m currently Rose Osborne and was not Laure
Ecree, who was heartbroken because I loved Calix. It was all in the past now.
"My daughter, I wish to greet you a
happy birthday but······. You’re sleeping serenely like this.”
I stroked Letty's cheek and smiled. She is
the most precious thing to me. As long as Letty grows healthy and well, there
is nothing more I could wish for in life.
"Phew.
Why do I feel so uneasy today?”
I stood up and stretched. I had to go find
Letty's birthday present, but it was delayed because I got lost in my thoughts.
It was already getting dark outside when I
looked over the window. Even though it was spring, the time when the sun was up
in the sky was never too long.
It might be a little dangerous to go out now,
but if I wear the ring with Alice's magic, I think it would still be safe.
I pulled my coat out of the closet and put it
on. Just in case, I wore a hat and left the room after leaving a kiss on
Letty's forehead.
As I went down the stairs and checked, the
Osborne's father and son were still preoccupied with their work.
Magic repairs or engraving were quite an elaborate task, requiring a high degree of concentration. I didn't want to disturb
them, so I went out quietly.
The outside air was cold and chilly, perhaps
because of the weather. I pulled the collar of my coat then wrapped it around
me snugly.
Whoo.
White steam floated out of my mouth as I
exhale. Ugh. It's so cold. I should
hurry up and come back. Therefore, I hastened my steps.
I walked for about a dozen minutes and
arrived at my destination, the toy store.
I hurriedly opened the door and went inside.
My body which was frozen from the cold wind was gently relieved due to the
warmth of the room.
“Please come in····· Huh? Rose! You're
finally here!"
Harold, the owner of the toy store, greeted
me happily.
"Yes. I came to pick up my gift for
Letty."
"Ah, right, there's that. I'm sorry, but
can you wait for a minute? It still has a little bit of touching up to
do."
It's been a week since I ordered, but it
hasn't been ready yet? I was a little dissatisfied, but I gave a gentle nod. I
didn't want to look bad for nothing in this small neighborhood.
"Yes, then please wait a minute!"
Harold yelled, then went back straight at the
workshop behind the counter.
I sat on a guest chair on the corner of the
store. As I was looking at the toys displayed on the shelves, someone opened
the side door and entered the shop.
"Oh, my. Who do we have here?"
It was Lucy, Harold's sister. She was one of
those people who hated me in this city.
No matter how careful you are, you won't be
able to avoid incurring human hatred. Not everyone will be kind and friendly to
you. And Lucy, in particular, hated me very much.
"Isn't this Rose, who suddenly showed up with
a child, has an unknown identity, and finally seduces an innocent man?"
The woman erupted with sarcasm as soon as she
laid her eyes on me.
"What are you talking about, Lucy?
Letizia is Will's daughter."
I boldly said. After living for seven years
as a single mother of a child, her insults were nothing new to me.
“Hmpf,
how shameless.”
Lucy rolled her eyes at me and pulled the
money out of the checkout counter.
After seeing the sweet smile I blatantly
directed her way, Lucy’s face crumpled.
"Would you mind letting go of poor William?
You’re thinking of becoming the lover of the feudal lord’s son anyway.”
What nonsense is she spewing again this time?
I blinked, implying to her that I had no idea of the bullshit she’s talking
about. There is only one feudal lord’s son in this town, and that is Baron
Camnell.
It’s true that the bastard came to tempt me
not just once or twice, but I never accepted his proposal. However, it seemed
that a ludicrous rumor had started to spread somewhere.
I answered in a nonchalant manner.
“Well, I’m pretty popular. To the extent that
even Baron Camnell chases after me."
Lucy burst into laughter. Indicating that my
retorts were mere ridiculous words to her. Before she could say anything, I
quickly added.
“But I have no intention of becoming his
lover. I have a husband, and that is Will. I hope you remember that,
Lucy."
I seriously warned her, but Lucy just laughed
it off.
“You speak very well. But do you really
think that I didn’t know what kind of a vile person you are? Humans like you
always betray the persons who care about you the most. So leave Will Osborne
alone!”
Lucy closed the drawer, glared at me, and
walked out of the store. Exhausted from dealing with her, I sighed.
The reason Lucy and the others didn't like me
was because of Will.
Strangely enough, a lot of troublesome guys
get entangled with me all the time. In order to get rid of them, Will reached
out his hand.
After agonizing about it for a long time, I
finally accepted his offered help. So although we weren't a real
couple, Will and I got married. Most of the city's people knew about it. No matter how we disguise that
Letizia was Will’s daughter, no one ever believes it.
People thought that I, a single mother of
unknown origin, was using Will. And despite that there were also other reasons why Will and Sean were
willing to put up a fake marriage, they were not willing to reveal their
secret, that’s why people's misunderstandings deepened.
My reputation was getting worse by the day,
but I couldn't deal with it properly because I was distracted by raising Letizia.
As a result, I had to be subjected to all
sorts of ridicule whenever I encounter someone who hated me. Though, it
doesn't bother me that much.
‘It’ll die down as I get older anyway,
right?’
Since I’m still young, it can’t be helped
that I will be the topic of gossips in town. But by the time I get wrinkles on
my forehead, I’m sure it’ll all settle down.
It’s a problem that only time can solve. I’ll
just let it pass like that.
'Ah, but when will Harold come out.'
I grumbled, touching the floor with my toes. Is
this also part of the bullying? But I didn’t know that even Harold hated me?
At the same time as suspicions about him grew,
the curtains of the workshop were lifted and Harold appeared.
“Sorry! Rose! Did you wait long? I did quite
a lot of polishing······. Haha.”
"It's okay. I didn’t wait for a long
time."
Actually, it's been already over twenty
minutes, but I pretended to be generous and smiled.
“Here, it's the item you asked for. It’s a
gift for Letizia, right? Tell her happy birthday for me.”
Harold smiled shyly and took the box out.
Still feeling sorry for being late.
I thanked him and accepted the box. The
weight of the stuff inside was quite heavy.
I hope Letty likes it. A proud smile surfaced
on my lips.
When I came out of the shop with the present
in hand, it was already very dark outside. The dark indigo blue sky had a round
moon, and the stars hidden in the clouds twinkled.
Suddenly, the wind blew violently. Grrr. it's so cold. I think it’s going
to rain tomorrow. I walked hastily, fastening the hem of my coat firmly.
Is
Alice still in the Feudal Lord’s Castle? Recognized
for her abilities by Feudal Lord Canelo, she has been doing herbal research in
the castle for several years now.
Since the port city of Canelo is a place
where pirates frequently invade, knights here were frequently poisoned. That’s
why the feudal lord was tearfully clinging to herbal medicines.
In fact, it was thanks to Alice that James
Camnell, the son of the feudal lord, was annoying me but could not directly
harm me.
The feudal lord was greedy, but he was a
person who knew how to be conscious.
He wanted Alice, a very talented person to be
in his territory, therefore he needs to make sure that Alice’s family, which is me,
would have no trouble living here.
If something happens to me, Alice will definitely
leave Canelo.
'But James Camnell, that jerk doesn't know
how to give up······.'
Why on earth is he so obsessed with me? In
this city, besides me, there were many women who could stand out in his eyes. Besides,
he already had a fiancΓ©e.
Phew,
what a real bastard! Yes, he is the son of a small town lord, but I don't know
where he gets his overflowing self-confidence.
There were also rumors that he harassed a
pirate's daughter. I shook my head. Sooner or later he will definitely get caught by those pirates.
"Is our Letty still sleeping?"
I mumbled, shivering. It would be a problem if
she woke up and cry, making a fuss that I’m not beside her.
Come to think of it, I think I was also like
that when I was young. Every time I woke up from my nap, I would cry because I
couldn’t see my mom.
But was it a memory from my previous life, or
a memory from the present? Sometimes when a thought like this pass through me,
I feel really confused.
'Well, it doesn't matter.'
Because my life before becoming Laure Ecree
is already over.
Besides, I was now free from the flow of the
original plot and is living freely without any worries.
If I have to worry about anything, I think it
would be on how would Letty grow up healthy?
And although I sometimes feel anxious about
what will happen once Calix finds me, nevertheless······
'It's very unlikely to happen.'
It's been seven years, and he's already got
Sia by his side.
'I have to keep in mind that this is the
place where I belong to now.'
I have my life, he has his.
We’re both like diagonal lines that passed by
each other but will never ever cross. Just a mere connection.
And maybe, it's a miracle that Letizia was
born between us.
That’s why for me, the child was my luck, my
happiness, and my joy.
My Letizia.
'Mom will swiftly be right there beside you,
baby. I also brought my gift. Please wait a little longer, my daughter.'
A smile formed on my lips as I walk quickly.
After walking for about five blocks,
‘Hmn?’
All the street lamps were off.
'······What the hell? Are the street lamp’s
mana stone’s broken? All of them?'
I looked at the dark road, hesitating to move
forward. I somehow felt very ominous. It could be said that it feels like I’m
going into the mouth of a black monster.
However, if I didn’t pass this way, I have to
make a long detour. What should I do? I was wetting my dry lips when something
wriggled in the dark.
Taken aback. I instinctively retreated. I had
a bad feeling. I think I need to turn around and run away right now. But is it
because of fear? My legs are frozen and I cannot move.
‘What’s that······.'
Upon closer inspection, you will notice that there was a human figure that was wriggling in the dark. But it wasn’t a whole
person. It’s a dark shadow, pitch-black as if made of ink.
I was immediately seized with fear. No way,
is it an evil spirit? It wasn't the first time I had seen an evil spirit, but I
had never seen it this close. Maybe that's the reason why my legs were shaking and
my chin was quivering.
The shadow came slowly towards me. Then it
abruptly ran······.
Suddenly, a hem of a black coat fluttered
before my eyes.
I think you meant parallel lines, and not diagonal lines? Bc diagonal lines definitely cross lol.
ReplyDeleteNo I think she meant diagonal lines only. Because only at one point, diagonal lines can meet. After that they can't meet.
DeleteYou got my attention. ☺️ Message Grin “Reaper#7225” on Discord.
DeleteUmmm she still thinks they married despite the Merchants straight out telling her that Calix is traveling and no such thing happened between them????? Also, she should not have money problems, she could 100% send letter to her Father, a letter that just informs him of her being safe. Like if she thinks Calix and Sia married then why would he look for her and why does that mean she should cut off her life. Like, what?
ReplyDelete