Saved by Crazy Stepfather! - Chapter 6

  

SCS Chapter 6

“What do you think? This big brother is cool right? I kicked her out!”

“······So what, me too. I can throw her out by myself······. Huh······?

As I was trying to say that I could kick the woman alone without asking for his help, I saw a strange thing wandering behind the door.

“What’s wrong, little sister?”

The one in front of me and the one lurking around at the entrance of the room looked the same.

“That······.”

I couldn’t help but to babble with my mouth open.

“What?”

Big brother, that person looked exactly like you.

I thought I saw an illusion, but it was a real person.

Looking at us from the door, it was a girl who looked exactly like the child in front of me.

The boy, who followed my gaze, turned his head toward that direction.

“Ah! Lexie. Welcome back. This is my little sister!”

It was not a ghost or anything else.

She was a real person.

A girl named Lexie came in with an uncomfortable expression, frowning her forehead.

The closer she got to us, the more clearly I felt that my brother, who called me fondly, looked more like a duck.

Unlike her appearance, however, Lexie’s reaction was quite different from the original one.

“I thought maybe my father had a lover from the outside, but it doesn’t seem like that at all. I see that there’s nothing alike between us.”

Lexie, who was still looking at me, rubbed her lips.

“It’s also possible that we don’t have resemblance!”

“Our family’s bloodline is so strong that everyone with the same blood typically inherits blue eyes. In that sense, you are a fake.”

“That’s it! Lexie, aren’t you talking too much?”

“She’s the one at fault here. She looks just like a fish that had just jumped out of the water. Yet she doesn’t have any shame, pretending to be a part of our family!”

I’d rather not make a fuss about it, but that girl named Lexie clearly shows hostility towards me.

“Lexie!”

“And for me, Allen, you’re all I need. And you, stop embarrassing my family and get out of here.”

Lexie came in and grabbed Allen’s wrist.

That reaction, that gaze, and that behavior are familiar.

Because since I was born I have never received anything like love from someone else.
(tl aside from mama)

Rather, the girl’s behavior was quite familiar. Because everyone who treated me was like that.

Allen, who first came to me and pretended to be close, was a strange person to me. Should I say it was kind of awkward?

“I don’t want to. I’m going to see her eating.”

But Allen was determined.

He tried to be stubborn just like when he told me to call him brother.

Lexie shook her head, as if this happened often.

“Do whatever you want. But in the end, she’s going to leave because she’s a fake.”

“No! Dad said she was my little sister.”

“······Father?”

“Yes, Dad! He told me himself!”

Only then did Lexie slowly approach me to see what was so interesting. Through her clear blue eyes, I could see my unsightly appearance.

“Are you really our little sister?”

“······.”

“Can’t you say anything? Don’t you have the same blood as us?”

I never felt the need to lie.

Anyway, just by looking at my appearance, it’s easy to tell I’m different from them. Then, I shrugged my shoulders proudly.

“No.”

As expected, Lexie snorted at my answer.

“See, I told you she’s not our sister, I don’t know how you got my Father to keep you here, but you will soon disappear from our house anyway.”

“I may not have the same blood as you, but I will not disappear anytime soon. I will stay here until I’m an adult.”

Lexie’s face, which was facing me while she talked to Allen, quickly hardened.

“What? Are you saying you’re staying here? Even though you said you’re not part of our family?”

“Yes. I’m not a real family to you by blood, but I decided to be a part of your family by contract.”

“Contract······ Family?”

“Yes. I don’t have the same blood as you guys, but from now on, I’m also a member of the Grand Duke’s family.”

Lexie shook her head at my words.

Now that I see it, there is a difference between Allen and Lexie. Lexie feels untowards from head to toe.

“How funny, I don’t think my father would sign a contract with you.“

“Since I’m extremely strong, he agreed to become my papa.”

“My father is much stronger than you. And you’re saying that you’re strong even though you look like you’re about to collapse any time soon? You’re funny.”

“You are the weak one. You both didn’t know that the barriers here disappeared overnight did you?”

Allen, who had been looking at us alternately until a little while ago, and Lexie, who was talking to me confidently, were speechless.

“Wow······. Are you talking about the barriers laid in our house?”

“Yeah.”

“Did it disappear?”

“I broke it to prove my strength.”

Like a sick person who hasn’t taken  his medicine, Lexie let out a snort.

“What, you broke it? You’re just saying some bullshit!”

“I’m telling the truth.”

“I can do that too, without breaking a sweat!”

“Ah, so you can do it, huh?”

Lexie shook her shoulders and looked down at me.

“I can do it right now!”

“Really?”

“Yeah! But it’s no use doing it now because it seems like the barriers are gone as you said!”

“Ah, is that so.”

“That’s why I’m telling you you’re not strong, you idiot.”

No matter how much I hated it, Lexie was busy expressing her raw hostility towards me.

But that doesn’t mean I’m going to back down. The attitudes of those who ignore me, eyes of those who hate me. How they talk. I have already experienced it a lot.

‘If you don’t get strong, if you don’t hold out, you can’t move forward. I’m going to survive. I’m going to live happily with my mama.’

Therefore, there is no way I’m losing to these children.

“Then try it.”

“What?”

“You can do it If you are so strong, break the barriers. Then I will leave this place. How about this?”

It was strange indeed.

Maybe it is because it’s my first time talking with other children, or is it because it’s just me being childish.

For no reason, I made this kind of cheap provocation I have never done before to Lexie.

And Lexie, who seemed to be angry, stamped her feet and made eye contact with me.

“Do-Don’t make me laugh! How can I break barriers that don’t even exist anymore?”

“I broke the barrier and made a new one. You said you were so strong, can’t you feel it at all.”

Lexie glared at me with her nose wrinkled with rage.

“What, what are you talking about! How dare you lie!”

“It’s not a lie, it’s true. You say you are powerful but you don’t even know it exists!”

“Yo-you! “

“I guess you are weak. I hate weak people the most in the world. So stop arguing and go back.”

I’m worried that my mom might wake up at this rate.

They were busy talking to me as if they didn’t care about it at all, but my mom was sleeping quietly in the bed.

Or maybe they don’t know that she is here.

Lexie bites her lips tightly as if she thought words couldn’t win.

“Ha. Ha. You’re just a fake!”

“So what if you’re a real one but have no power. What if I’m a fake? If one doesn’t have power, they’re useless.”

“······.”

“Isn’t that the same as being a useless human being?”
(tl. whoa she fights hard i can feel the burn)

“How dare you, who do you think you are!”

“Go now. I just want to grow safely. I don’t have the plan to damage the reputation of the Grand Duke. So stop harassing me.”

Lexie, who was still glaring at me, must’ve thought that she couldn’t beat me, and in the end, snorted and walked out.

‘So why did you bother me.’

I’ve decided to just stay still and behave, I just wanted to be here and protect my mother, that’s why can’t you just let me be?

I felt sullen for no reason. I was happy to wake up having a comfortable sleep without a nightmare or a kick in a long time.

And it was at that moment.

A bright head popped out in front of my eyes.

“Little sister, do I have to go out too? Huh?”

Clear, folding blue eyes were staring at me.

I particularly hated that gaze.

Being interested in me, being nice to me. I just hope no one cares.

‘I never know when the attitude will change again. You might not even care about me after being nice to me. It’s just right for me to keep my distance before it happens.’

Before my heart goes to Allen, who is exceptionally good to me. Before my heart opens.

It’s always like this. The same was true of the people who experimented with me. Even the wizards were just good to me for a while so they could use the power I had.

With that thought, I made eye contact with Allen.

“Me too? Do I have to go out, too? Huh?”

“Yes. Get out. And don’t look for me from now on. I’ll take care of the meal, so no one needs to care about me.”

Somehow sadness was buried in Allen’s eyes.

“But I’m worried about you······.”

“I’m used to being alone······. I can’t trust people.”

“Okay.”

Allen still laughed lightly, and even though he was thrown out, he still stroked my head with his soft hand.

“I······. I will come again······!”

I tried to say no, but Allen hurried out.

“I already said no······. But he said he’s coming again, that idiot.”

Don’t come.

Don’t make me look forward to it.

I will wait like a puppy if someone said they’ll  come for me.

So stupid.

“I’ll be waiting even though you know what will happen.”

Because of that word, I waited for days and days for my mama, who died and left me alone.

‘Baby, mom, will sleep for a minute.’
(tl: omg my heart)

The first day my mom died, I waited for her to open her eyes.

When the knights saw my dead mother’s body and dragged her out in fright, I still believed she would come back.

Because of that word, I always waited like an idiot.

And I know. I’ll wait for Allen again this time. I hated my stupid self, so I shut the door wide. As if to let them know never to come again.

“You idiot, don’t hang out with that again! It’s a shame for the Grand Duke House!”

“The idiot one is Lexie! I’m going to hang out with my little sister.”

“Hey! Where are you going!”

As expected, I could hear Allen and Lexie fighting outside.

I heard it a little, and locked the door. Then I ran to my mama.

No matter what happened around her, mama was still sleeping quietly.
(tl: daun. That’s a powerful sleep)

“Mama. Mama. When are you going to wake up? I like to be alone. But I still want my mama to wake up.”



Translator : Ingra
Proofreader: Mae


If you want to join the Discord Server, please click the link below and follow the steps and rules on the server:

https://discord.gg/F2tv2Xbc9R



PREV l TOC l NEXT

Comments

Post a Comment