I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending - Chapter 4 Part 2

I Finally Met Him!

"Wow! The room looks good!"

I shouted as I looked around the room where my luggage had been moved in advance.

"What's good about it? Your room in Garten is much better."

Raheln complained as he looked at me sitting in the bed and testing the cushions. He was right.

This is narrower than my room in Garten, the color was dull and the furniture was plain, it also seemed that it receives less sunlight.

And, crucially, the fireplace was kindled, but there was no feeling of warmth. It was like the whole Stern Castle.

An ancient castle standing alone in the cold and harsh northern mountains.

The Stern Castle where they’re currently in.

"Think about it again, Peony."

The word "discontent" was stuck in Raheln's face.

"What's wrong with you, brother?"

“What’s wrong with me? Do you still treat me as your brother?!”

The bed creaked as Raheln abruptly sat next to me.

Um······ The cushions are not good.

"I can’t believe he said to try being engage in the meantime. No matter how much he is the brother of the Emperor, or even if he’s the Grand Duke, how can he say to a princess of a country who wants to marry him to get engage for the time being!"

"But it's still much better than rejection, right?"

I didn't have the intention of getting married in the first place, so I gladly accepted his engagement.

"What's better about that?!"

However, Raheln’s expression slowly turns to be infuriated.

“Do you even know what he means by saying, get engage for now? He implies that ‘Since you're here, I have no choice but to get engaged, but I can't guarantee you a marriage.’ That’s what it conveys.”

"But if you think about it, it's better than hearing 'Get the hell out of here.'."

"Are you crazy? I dare him to tell you that shit and I'll ask him for a duel!"

Raheln, an outright siscon, shouted hysterically.

"······If you do, you’re going to lose, brother.”

“······.”

"Your opponent is a person who has a great sword skill and stamina, enough to serve as the Commander of the Knights of the Fairspren Empire·····."

“······.”

“And you, brother, on the other hand, can only dream of becoming a knight commander. It’s impossible for you in reality. Furthermore, it was harder to be the Knight Commander of the Empire than to be the Knight Commander of our small Kingdom.”

“Wait, Peony, can you check this here?”

Raheln raised my hand and put it in the middle of his chest.

"It’s somehow painful like my heart suddenly got broken."

"Sorry. Does the truth hurt? I guess I shouldn’t have spoken too realistically."

I gently removed my hand and placed it on my lap.

"Anyway, I think all is good, brother. I have become the grand duke's fiancé without any obstacle, and if nothing awry happens, I could get married."

"But if anything goes wrong, your engagement will be annulled, and your name will be stigmatized as the discarded princess."

”Um······ isn’t it nice, I’ll be famous? I will be like a heroine of a tragic love story.”

”Peony!”

"Hehe! I'm kidding."

I smiled at Raheln, who has a very serious expression on his face.

”Don’t worry, brother. Since Grand Duke Stern accepted me as his fiancé, he said that I was free to remain as long as I want here in Stern Estate. So while I'm staying, I just have to let Grand Duke Stern know how nice I am, right?”

“You, do you have some basis to depend on? Where did you get your confidence?”

“I depend on brother.”

Raheln seems to be wondering what the hell I mean again. He looked at me with a frown.

I shrugged my shoulders looking his expression.

“I’m right, though. Father and brothers always say that. Our Peony is so pretty, cute, nice, and the best."

"Because that's the truth."

I laughed again at Raheln, who answered with a serious face.

“Exactly. I'm pretty, cute, and kind, the best someone could ever have. That’s why there’s no reason for me not to be confident. Am I wrong?”

Raheln chuckle when he heard my answer. I grinned as I saw his smile.

"You used to be an utterly spoiled little girl, I didn't notice since when you became such an imposing lady."

Suddenly, Raheln's expression turned into a sad one.

The expression on his face was so mournful as if a father looking at his own daughter who he raised on his own, and was now absolutely grown-up.

"Was it last year? That you’ve been very ill?”

“Ah······ that time·····."

"I think you've grown up a lot since then."

That was when I transmigrated.

Perhaps······ maybe······ the Peony that Raheln knows, may have died at that time. No, she clearly died back then.

As a result, I am here.

If the voice I heeded was of the real Peony’s, what I heard was definitely her will.

She said that if she dies, his father and brothers will be sad, and she wants me to live on her behalf so that they don't fall into grief.

“Haha······ People change especially when they almost die. Maybe that's when I started to grow up.”

"You’re right. Back then, the royal family was in a state of emergency for fear that you might really perish."

He reached out and fixed a few strands of my hair that went out of place.

The same shiny golden hair as his.

"Remember. You are the most valuable treasure of the Kingdom of Garten."

The person who asked me on what do I depend on and where I got my confidence, said something that raised my self-esteem to the fullest.

“If you get tired of this cold north, come back to Garten any time. We'll always be waiting for you, and we'll gladly welcome you back."

Raheln smiled very warmly.

His tender smile slowly warmed the inside of my heart.




Mae’s Notes:

10 points for Peony’s fighting spirit! 😂


Star Gazer's Corner:
As for my promise... Here's my Christmas Gift! 



Merry Christmas!!!!




PREV ㅣ TOC ㅣ NEXT

Comments

  1. me gusta la historia, espero el próximo episodio... gracias

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please would love to continue reading this awesome story! Where do I go from here? More power~ sj_myself#5208

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long will the discord invite be down? I want to know what happens next 😭😢

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wanna read more +1 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I get a discord invite please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please add me in the discor server? My id is aria_1#2028

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you please send me the discord invite? I really want to read the next chapters 😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you send me the Discord Invite or add me in discord 😭😭 my ID is Kushina#2925🥺🥺

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to know the rest pls add me Hiyunichii #9669

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really want to read The rest my id daphsayuri#7940

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I want to keep reading it ><, add me pls, my acc is xoxo_exo_02#6524

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to be invited, too! Else I'm gonna throw a hunger strike! Please~ CuterialC916#1616

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg i love this !! Please invite me when you can ! ~~ id: analise#4375

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg please add my discord when you can !!~~ id: analise#4375

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg please add my discord when you can !!~~ id: analise#4375

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please add my discord 🙏
    Nodriza#5127 ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to be added too 🥺
    Minny F#3320

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can u add me to discord too? I want to read more 🥺
    yuzu 07 #6931

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please add me to the discord as well! I would love to continue reading <3
    Puri#5651

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please add me too Kimchi#5355 thank youu!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  22. can you add me On your discord server as well please. I’m so intrigued by the story and would love to read more. My id is stepbroski#7192

    ReplyDelete
  23. Add me too, please. Absolutely love it so far! JaneJules#6584

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  24. please add me to the discord I also want to read~
    UpcomingSnakesAhead#4379

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I could receive an invite as well.
    shimiii#5337

    Really looking forward to reading more of this translated novel. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Please, I also want to be in your discord, My id is Daelis#7071 thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The link expired 😭..please can u add me
    My id : CrazyHarleen#1103

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello! Could you please share the invite link again?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I missed the shared link during Christmas and have been checking everyday since new years to see if a new invite would be sent out...Would there be any chance you could send me an invite? :(

    My id is Puri#5651

    ReplyDelete
  30. man, I'm wayy too late to read this!!! I wish I was hear on christmas I could cry right now, I hope to get an invite... my Discord is Coralia#2138

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hihi, could u add me as well? My discord id is Shing#8194

    ReplyDelete
  32. Could you add me too my discord id is
    apaicha_s#9273

    ReplyDelete
  33. Could you add me too my discord id is
    apaicha_s#9273

    ReplyDelete
  34. Could you add me too my discord id is
    apaicha_s#9273

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi could please add my discord too, ID is
    koje#9788

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment